Singapore’s largest pop-up creative market, Artbox Singapore, is back for its second edition, bigger and better than before. This year’s theme is // Oasis // – representing an annual urban escape from cityscape into a sanctuary of experiential imagination. It will be held across two weekends from 25th to 27th May 2018 and 1st to 3rd June 2018, located at the Bayfront Event Space, next to Marina Bay Sands – The Shoppes.
Due to the overwhelming reception to last year’s edition (600,000 visitors), Artbox Singapore 2018 will spread across the Bayfront Event Space of over 140,000 square feet, nearly three times bigger than last year’s event. It is expected to cater to an estimated 700,000 visitors this year with more than 400 regional and local creative retailers and partners.
● Massive entrance archway and media viewing deck constructed from Artbox’s iconic 20foot shipping containers
● Over 20 (mix of 20-foot and 40-foot) shipping containers to be re-purposed for event usage including an exclusive Artbox Singapore merchandise shop
● Quintessential Artbox elements such as stunning fairy lights spanning across 5 km, with an official light up on 25 May, 7 pm
● More than 400 booths of beauty, fashion, food and art from regional vendors and partners including new vendors Thai designers Porky Studio, Moonset and Nokkajib, as well as Singaporean brands such as Cereal Citizen
● Creative art installations crafted on Artbox’s unique shipping containers
Infused with local elements from Bangkok’s highly acclaimed art-ivity container marketplace, Artbox Singapore 2018 is organised by Invade Industry (@invade.co) in conjunction with Artbox Thailand (@artbox_th). Visitors of all ages can look forward to a variety of interactive elements and activities, creative art installations and a wide variety of delectable food, in celebration of the local creative retail landscape. DBS Singapore is also proud to be the presenting sponsor for this year’s edition once again.
“By bringing to life exciting and fresh concepts, Artbox has set the standard for contemporary hip markets in Asia. Budding entrepreneurs as well as up-and-coming brands are given a platform to showcase their products. As the presenting sponsor, we are thrilled to bring Artbox to the Marina Bay,” said Karen Ngui, DBS Head of Group Strategic Marketing & Communications.
For more details, please visit www.artbox.sg